The Academy at Julington Creek’s environment is well planned and allows for self-directed play, dramatic play in small groups, circle-time, music and dance, art projects and the beginning of our phonics program.
Two-year-olds are moving from the total dependence of babyhood to the more independent, mobile world of preschoolers. The Two’s Program is intended to guide each child through their transition from the sensory-motor world of toddlers to an increasingly social world and the onset of symbolic thinking.
We promote development through
our learning centers*:
- A Beka Curriculum: Lays the foundation of reading and math as children begin to recognize letters and numbers
- Character Values: Teaches honorable values that are modeled in the classroom
- Climbing Area and Outdoor Learning: Physical development through running, climbing, bicycling, and ball play
- Table Toys / Manipulatives: Fine motor development using puzzles, zippers, buttons, snaps, and blocks
- Housekeeping / Dramatic Play: Social and emotional development through fantasy and dress-up play
- Movement and Music: Musical skills through rhythm instruments, singing, and creative movement
- Art/Creative Expression: Exploration of a variety of materials and textures such as finger-painting, gluing, drawing, and coloring through arts and crafts activities
- Construction/Blocks: Building with wood blocks, large Lego structures, and sorting
- Discovery: Development of sharing skills, cooperative play, and independence skills
- Self-Help Skills: Development of self-help skills including potty training
- Language/Library: Opportunities to explore books and listen to stories
*These learning centers are offered to all of our children ages 2 to 4.