Before and After School Program: K–5th Grade
Elementary-age children thrive on challenges, friendships, clubs, and responsibility. The Academy at Julington Creek has a before and after school program that provides physical, intellectual, and social support to school days.
Our program offers a relaxed and balanced beginning and ending to your child’s day with time to play and learn with friends, finish homework and let off steam. School-aged children need the opportunity to live and learn in a relaxed, “un-school-like” setting.
In the after-school program at The Academy at Julington Creek, each day is an adventure. Our Adventure Club is a program specifically created for our kindergarten through fifth grade students to encourage them to explore the world around them through arts and crafts, science, and cooking projects as well as hands-on learning activities.
Our Homework Helper Program gives each child the encouragement they need to complete their homework in a supportive environment. Our monthly community service projects put your child in a place to give back to others through clean-ups, community donations, and local support organizations.
We believe each child has a unique opportunity to explore the world and make each day an ADVENTURE!
We offer transportation to and from our local elementary schools:
Our partnership with Durbin Creek Elementary benefits our students:
- Durbin School Agers receive free registration upon enrollment at The Academy.
- The Academy at Julington Creek is invited to social events that are hosted by Durbin Creek.
- Community partners that visit Durbin also commit to visiting The Academy (e.g., “Fire Truck for Safety”).
- A Durbin Creek therapist will come to our school to work with any child that needs additional sessions.
- This partnership builds relationships between our staff, management, and parents and the Durbin Creek Elementary staff (where many of our preschoolers will attend).